Medicolegal Reports - Psychiatric and Psychological Medico Legal Reports Service
Our medico legal expert team specialise in Psychiatric Medico-legal reports, Neuropsychology Medicolegal reports and Psychology Medicolegal reports. If you, a family member, or a client, requires a medico-legal report, do be in touch with us at Psymplicity Healthcare.
We provide medico-legal assessments, reports and expert witness psychiatrist reports concerning:
- Psychiatric evaluation of Mental Disorder – our medico legal expert can write a full medical legal report detailing evidence of mental disorder as evidence for a criminal or civil court/employment nature. These can also be used by employers to defend claims by employees.
- Mental Capacity Assessments – our medico legal experts can compile a detailed medical expert report to evaluate mental capacity for either the Crown Court or the defence in a criminal law case.
- Witnesses & Capacity Psychiatric medico legal assessments – our medical legal experts provide a thorough medico-legal assessment to evaluate a witness’s capacity to make their own choices and decisions, in a criminal court case.
- Psychiatric aspects related to personal injury – our medical legal experts can write an exhaustive medico-legal report detailing psychiatric aspects for insurance companies as well as both claimant and defendant legal representatives. Personal Injury is defined as ‘any disease and any impairment of a person’s physical or mental condition’ (s.38, Limitation Act 1980). The medico-legal report would assess whether the personal injury had led to a psychiatric disorder.
- Psychiatric evaluation of abnormal behaviour – our medico legal consultant conducts a thorough medico-legal report accounting for abnormal behaviour that may be used in a family court, for example.
- Personality assessments – a medico-legal expert provides a detailed medico-legal report to score and interpret personality traits in order to predict behaviour and to outline interventions. This may be used in a criminal or forensic case.
- Risk assessments – a medico legal expert can write a detailed medico-legal report to comment on the relationship between mental state and the capacity to commit future criminal acts, for a criminal court case.
- Diagnosis (DSM-IV and ICD-10) – a medico legal consultant can compile an exhaustive medico-legal report assessing the validity of a psychiatric diagnosis and the impact on behaviour for a civil or criminal court.
- Substance misuse – a medico legal specialist can complete a medico-legal report evaluating evidence of substance misuse and impact for a civil or criminal court.
- University performance and mitigating circumstances – our medico legal consultants can write a thorough report to evaluate how a student’s mental health such as depression and anxiety need to be taken into consideration by a university.
- Psychiatric Evaluation of trauma – our medico legal experts can write a full psychiatric medico-legal report
- Psychiatric Evaluations relating to medical negligence and accidents, capacity and malpractice – negligence is the breach of duty of care, which leads to damage being caused to that person. Our medical legal experts can complete a report to support or challenge a case for psychiatric injury in a civil court, for example by a hospital or care home.
- Evaluation of Schizophrenia and other psychoses – our medical legal experts can prepare a scrupulous medico-legal report detailing evidence of schizophrenia and other psychoses for a criminal court.
- Evaluation of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – our medical legal experts can draw up a full medico-legal report to comment on the existence of PTSD for a personal or civil injury claim.
- Evaluation of Insomnia and other Sleep Disorders – our medico legal experts can complete a medico-legal report evaluating evidence of insomnia and sleep disorders and the impact on behaviour, for a civil court or employment tribunal.
- Effects of trauma (including personal injury psychiatry) – our medico legal experts can write a full medico-legal report identifying trauma, for example as a result of personal injury or injury due to negligence.
- Evaluation of Psychopathology and Psychiatric Disorders – our medical legal experts can draw up a full and detailed medico-legal report, which evaluates psychiatric disorders, for example to use by a defendant in a criminal court to show reduced responsibility.
- Evaluation of adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD) – our medico legal experts can carry out an assessment and compile a report for court and legal proceedings of a criminal or civil / employment nature.
- Medico-legal reports for Anxiety and Depression – our medico legal experts can prepare an exhaustive medico-legal report detailing anxiety and depression which may be used in a civil or criminal court or tribunal.
- Psychiatric and Behavioural aspects of violence – our medico legal experts can draw up an in-depth psychiatric report to assess and evaluate aspects of violence for a criminal court case to assess possibility of future violent acts, for example.
- Bipolar and other Mood Disorders – our medico legal experts can compile a meticulous psychiatric medico-legal report to evaluate mood disorders for a criminal or civil court case.
- Neuropsychiatry – our medico legal experts can prepare a detailed medico-legal report describing any cognitive impairment, for example due to injury. The report identifies the treatable symptoms and ways that the other symptoms can be managed.
- Psychosomatic Disorders – our medico legal experts can write a meticulous medico-legal report to give evidence of a disorder that has been aggravated by psychological stress such as psoriasis, eczema, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure and heart disease. This may be needed in an employment tribunal or civil court.
- Memory loss and Memory and Cognitive Impairment – our medico legal experts can prepare a detailed medico-legal report assessing the level of memory or cognitive impairment. It identifies the impairment; the treatable areas and those that require a management plan.
- Psychological impact of deportation or detention on an individual or family – our medico legal experts can prepare a meticulous medico-legal report for either a civil or criminal court.
- Family assessments – our medico legal experts can compile a detailed medico-legal report to be used in a family court.
- Placement options/sibling separation – our medico legal experts can write a detailed medico-legal report to be used in a family court.
- Domestic Violence – our medico legal experts can write a detailed medico-legal report documenting the impact of domestic violence: emotional, sexual, or psychological abuse, for a family court domestic violence case.
- Abuse/ neglect – our medico legal experts can write a meticulous medico-legal report detailing abuse or neglect by parents or other family members, for a family or criminal court.
- Munchausen – our medico legal experts can write a thoroughgoing medico-legal report to assess and evaluate Munchausen for a family, civil or criminal court.
Our medico legal practice
- We carry out medico legal assessments – a medico-legal psychiatric assessment is necessary when a medico-legal report is needed to show a link between the source of trauma, for example a personal injury, and a person’s psychological state. This would be needed to decide whether compensation could be awarded.
- We write medical legal reports
- We provide psychiatry expert witnesses – this is when an expert in their field, such as a consultant psychiatrist or psychologist, gives evidence in court or by report, to support a case. The judge considers their opinion on the evidence and facts as expert due to their education, training and experience. Hence the term ‘medical legal expert witness”
How we conduct our medical legal work
We are able to provide medico legal appointments, for medico legal reports and medico legal assessments within a short time frame, and produce a medico-legal report within less than two weeks of the medico-legal assessment taking place should this be required.
Please call us for an initial free telephone consultation on 0207 118 0407 in order to find out more about our medico legal services such as medico legal reporting, expert witness psychiatric services and psychological medico legal services. At Psymplicity Healthcare we know how instrumental the right medico-legal expert support is to an outcome and you can be rest assured that with our specialist medico-legal consultants you have come to the write place to give your case the best chance.
Call now on 0207 118 0407 for Terms & Conditions, Medico-legal Expert Witness CVs and a fixed Quote.
Our medico-legal expert team
Our medico legal expert psychiatry witnesses are all Section 12 approved. They are also very comfortable working in collaboration with medico legal solicitors to offer a prompt, professional and efficient service, recognising how pivotal their medico legal services such as a psychiatric expert witness, medical legal assessments and reports can be to case outcomes.
Each of our medico legal consultants has acquired many years of mental health clinical experience and expertise at a senior level within leading health institutions. They bring sound and in-depth knowledge to communicate findings confidently, clearly and concisely in medical legal reports, at court or in a tribunal. Over the years they have prepared many comprehensive medical legal reports and assessments, analysing all the details and thinking independently and objectively without bias, as is required to be effective. In court or tribunal, they possess all the key attributes necessary to give your case the best chance of winning. They are able to think on their feet, modify their opinions in the light of fresh evidence or counter-arguments, and most importantly to command confidence due to their professional expertise and gravitas. Using a Psymplicity Healthcare Medico legal expert you can relax, knowing that you have come to the right place to give your case the best chance of a successful outcome.
We provide expert psychiatric medico legal reporting for:
- Occupational health services – for example to determine whether a work situation has led to an employee feeling depressed or whether they are mentally fit to return to work. It includes issues such as stress and absence.
- Insurance purposes – for example to prove the psychiatric impact of a personal injury.
- Legal and court instruction by medico legal solicitors in a:
– Civil court (dealing with non-criminal matters) – for example, proving disability discrimination.
– Family court – for example, giving supporting evidence for a fitness to parent claim.
– Criminal court – for example, for ‘fitness to stand trial’, ‘mental capacity’, risk assessments, pre-sentencing reports and probation reports, amongst others.
– Tribunals – for example an employment tribunal where stress, disability, trauma or absence are assessed. We also work on behalf of employers who are defending claims by employees.
The areas of medico legal practice we cover are:
- Forensic and Criminal law, providing a forensic psychology expert witness
- Employment Law including employment, stress and absence, disability
- Family law
- Asylum and immigration
- Civil and personal injury
- Clinical negligence
Why might I need an independent medical legal expert?
There are times when we might need the opinion of a medical legal expert to support our case and give weight to our claim in an attempt to redress a wrong. This can be for many reasons. Perhaps we are suing an employer for harassment-related stress and anxiety. Or we might be an employer defending a claim by an employee. Perhaps we need to prove to HMRC that ADHD or a mental health condition has delayed filing a tax return. Perhaps we need proof in order to request mitigating circumstances from university. Maybe we need evidence of trauma to strengthen an asylum or immigration case. These are just a few of the reasons you might need medico legal experts to carry out a medico legal assessment, write a medical expert report, act as a medico legal expert witness or provide a medical legal expert witness report.
You might be an individual employee in an employment tribunal, a local authority such as child and family social services, acting for a party in the Family Courts, a private company, a solicitor acting on behalf of a client in a civil court case, or a family defending a member with a mental health condition at a tribunal.
Call now on 0207 118 0407 for Terms & Conditions, Medico-legal Expert Witness CVs and a fixed Quote.